We were honored to be a part of the special day for Dana and Tim on a gorgeous summer day, June 12, when they were married at one of our favorite venues in Stillwater, Minnesota. This wonderful couple wanted to enjoy time with friends and family and didn’t want a huge, elaborate celebration, keeping things simple from the decorations to the bouquets/flowers.
- The Venue: Washington County Historic Courthouse
- Added to the vintage/historical/old school atmosphere couple was going for
- Quaint, intimate, simple, beautiful venue
- Had the old jail cell open during cocktail hour
- Outdoor ceremony on the steps of the courthouse
- The Inspiration: Vintage/old school with purple and lime green accents
- Overall vintage/old school atmosphere from the centerpieces, to the venue, to the “Just Married Bike”
- Pops of purple and lime green were used throughout from the napkins to the cupcakes to the bridesmaids dresses
- The Wedding Cake
- Individual cupcakes instead of traditional cake
- Couple cut the cake topper – no announcement, couple wanted things kept simple, nothing over the top
- Cocktail Hour
- Took place outside on the grounds surrounding the courthouse
- Drinks and popcorn were served
Above photos done by Michael Hamerlind Photography
- The Centerpieces
- Bride created/put together all of the centerpieces
- Each centerpiece was a little different
- Things such as old records, gold vases with baby’s breath, pearls, old books, vintage silver trays, scrabble letters, doilies, etc. were used
- Draping was done on the staircase and behind the head table to add visual interest/dramatic effect.
Congratulations Dana & Tim!